Over the course of seven years, I have written more than 1,500 articles, edited over 2,500 others and seen hundreds of thousands of my words published online and in print. I have broken news which impacted the communities I’m part of and report on, and been picked up by local, state, and international outlets.
- Reporter, Global Macro (July 2020 – Present)
- Support Global Macro editor in overseeing a team of four reporters covering the intersection of global regulation and the cryptocurrency/blockchain space.
- Edit and assign stories as needed in addition to reporting breaking news and enterprise articles.
- Directly supervise two interns in addition to the Global Macro team.
- Acting US News Editor (Nov. 2019 – July 2020)
- Assign, edit and report breaking news stories on CoinDesk’s quick response desk.
- Oversaw interns and full-time reporters.
- Business/Regulatory Reporter (Jan. 2019 – Nov. 2019)
- Developed a regulatory/policy beat with relevant sources in Washington D.C. covering the U.S. policy approach to cryptocurrency.
- Covered how traditional institutions were adding cryptocurrency services, as well as how startups tried to challenge these incumbents.
- News Reporter (Jan. 2018 – Jan. 2019)
- Reported breaking news stories.
- Wrote and managed CoinDesk’s daily newsletter.
- Helped write and managed CoinDesk’s weekly newsletter.
- Wrote podcast scripts.
- Correspondent (Feb. 2015 – Jan. 2016; Feb. 2017 – May 2017)
- Covered news and science stories for the Rutgers University paper of record.
- Managed the Science Section by assigning and editing stories between October 2014 and January 2016.
- Created “Simple Science,” a 200 word or less explanation of scientific phenomena.
- Resumed position of correspondent after serving one-year term as news editor.
- News Editor (Jan. 2016 – Feb. 2017)
- Managed the News Desk of The Daily Targum, the Rutgers University paper of record; oversaw three editors and more than 50 writers; oversaw Science and Technology pages.
- Edited 35-40 stories per week.
- Coordinated with Photo/Video Editors to ensure each story had an image and video (when applicable).
- Worked with Design Editor to create the pages within the paper, writing headlines, photo captions, blurbs, and quotes both in print and online. Occasionally filled in with laying out pages.
- Staff/Contributing Writer (Oct. 2013 – Feb. 2015)
- Wrote articles for the Science Section, as well as other news divisions within the paper.
- Oversaw the Science Section from October 2014.
Rutgers University School of Engineering Dean’s Office (March 2015 – Dec. 2016)
- Communications Intern
- Maintained and updated Rutgers University School of Engineering’s website, as well as department websites within the school.
- Wrote features highlighting the work done by School of Engineering faculty and students.
- Contributed to RU Engineer magazine.
- First Place, Enterprise/Investigative Reporting; New Jersey Press Association College Journalism Awards (2016-2017)
- Honorable Mention; Edward J. Mack Memorial Award
I have also had the privilege of having my work featured by various outlets.